FIVE ECONOMICAL FIELD-BASED RECRUITMENT STRATEGIES
With a shortage in caregivers and recruitment costs potentially eating up a good part of the budget, here are five economical ways way recruit:
1. Connect with owners of nail and hair salons, many times they know of people looking for a job. Ask if you can post a recruitment flyer with tear off sections which include your homecare agency’s phone number.
2. Set up an information/recruitment table at a local store – be there to answer questions and do on the spot interviews. I have done this in a Polish deli and an African grocery store. It produced some fantastic caregivers.
3. Target churches and post recruitment ads in the weekly church bulletin or newsletter. Consider holding an informational/recruitment session directly after church services.
4. Offer a raffle at a scrub/uniform shop for a gift certificate to that scrub/uniform shop. Make sure raffle ticket contains area for contestant’s discipline (cna, lpn, etc). Make a big deal of the winner by posting a picture of congratulations in the store after the raffle (great PR). Cold call on contestants who entered the raffle as a way to recruit.
5. Partner with CNA schools. Offer presentations to CNA students and be a part of their graduation.
For more information on recruitment strategies contact Private Duty Homecare Consulting WWW.PDHCC.COM